protection
French 
CrawlTrack, webmaster dashboard.
Web analytic, SEO and protection

CrawlProtect, your website safety.
Reinforced protection

Two php/MySQL scripts, free and easy to install
The tools you need to manage and keep control of your site.

diable

CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 27-07-2010 23:25:21

SophieKovalevsky
Nouveau membre

How to configure the configconnect.php

Hi,
Thanks for this awesome software.
I have a question. Well, I want to install de Crawlprotect but when I begin to install it, the system say me: To be compatible with your hosting, CrawlProtect need to use a MySQL database, so please complete the configconnect.php file with your MySQL connection informations and then restart the installation process (the file is in the include folder of your CrawlProtect).

I have to write the parameters that show me in the file, but i don't understand why? Isn't the cralprotect protect ALL the resources on my web? So, why i have to put a specific database name and pass? Seems like the crawl have to protect only ONE DATABASE and not all the DOMAIN.

Thanks for the answers.

#2 27-07-2010 23:44:18

Jidébé
Administrateur

Re: How to configure the configconnect.php

Hi,

The Database is used by CrawlProtect to store data (login info, attack stats, ...) when it's note possible to use files due to server setting.
The protection is given by the htaccess file and so all your site will be protected.

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

#3 28-07-2010 05:42:35

SophieKovalevsky
Nouveau membre

Jidébé, thanks for you reply. I create all the information to put in the configconnect. But, after to install all i try to ingress to the control panel with the pass that i wrote in the system, but the system didn't let me ingresss. So i decided to delete all the files of the cralwprotect to come back to install it.

But, right now, i try to install in my server, and when i put the information newly, and the system say me. "CrawlProtect is unable to connect to your database, please check configconnect.php file content." And I'm sure about the information of the data base, cause in the first time I get install the software.

But, right now i don't know why, the system follow say me that is enable to connect to the database.

I tried to rename the file where stay the Crawl, and create new database, but nothing change it.

Could be this?

Thanks for your help.

#4 28-07-2010 07:04:05

Jidébé
Administrateur

Hi,

There is something wrong in the configconnect.php file content, double check.

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

Board footer