protection
French 
CrawlTrack, webmaster dashboard.
Web analytic, SEO and protection

CrawlProtect, your website safety.
Reinforced protection

Two php/MySQL scripts, free and easy to install
The tools you need to manage and keep control of your site.

diable

CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 06-11-2007 23:18:01

docweathers
Nouveau membre

Server load

There has been a discussion of the extra load that statistics programs put on servers at http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,57668.0.html

When crawl track is integrated with phpMyVisites via the plugin, how much additional server load does it cause?
Will the plugin also integrate CrawlTrack with  Joomla visites, which is phpMyVisites modified to be a joomla component?

Thanks

Larry

#2 07-11-2007 00:02:59

Jidébé
Administrateur

Re: Server load

Hi,

When crawl track is integrated with phpMyVisites via the plugin, how much additional server load does it cause?

I can't answer to that as that depends of the number of visitors and crawlers visits. Don't forget a point that they didn't speak about in the discussion you link to, a standard Joomla page could  need  30 MySQL query; did you really think that 2 to 4 query more will have such an impact?wink
Did you have 10, 100, 1000 or 100000 visitors per day? Did you have 10, 100, 1000 or 100000 crawlers visits per day?
It's sure that if you have a site with a very big number of visitors; either you have a powerfull server to host your stat system or you pay for an external professionnal services.

Will the plugin also integrate CrawlTrack with  Joomla visites, which is phpMyVisites modified to be a joomla component?

I haven't test that, so I don't know. Why don't try it and go back with the result?

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

Board footer