protection
French 
CrawlTrack, webmaster dashboard.
Web analytic, SEO and protection

CrawlProtect, your website safety.
Reinforced protection

Two php/MySQL scripts, free and easy to install
The tools you need to manage and keep control of your site.

diable

CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 21-11-2009 20:00:37

Jidébé
Administrateur

CrawlProtect 1-0-0 is available

Hello,

The CrawlTrack young brother is now available, more info and  downloaded link here

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

#2 21-11-2009 20:28:31

bloggerboy
Membre

Re: CrawlProtect 1-0-0 is available

I've been using CrawlTrack - and is seems to do the trick of preventing hacking and code injection.

Why would I need CrawlProtect?   What is the difference - what does Crawlprotect do that Crawltrack does not?

thanks

#3 21-11-2009 20:37:43

Jidébé
Administrateur

Hi,

CrawlProtect is mainly done for thus who don't need all the stats given by CrawlTrack.
There is some differences as CrawlProtect is using an .htaccess file to detect and blocked hacking attempts, so there is more sophiticated blocage rules and it can be used easily even if the pages are not in php. And no need to put any tag on your pages.
If you use CrawlProtect in combination with CrawlTrack, you should see a big decrease in the number of hacking attempts blocked by CrawlTrack as CrawlProtect will have block them before.

Jean-Denis

#4 22-11-2009 17:54:34

bloggerboy
Membre

Thank you

#5 24-11-2009 03:10:58

jschembri
Membre

Hi

I have html pages
I was able to use crawltrack by using .htaccess to make html be like php and all works fine.

will crawlprotect work even though I have html pages because it seemed every page had to be php type.

Could you also please explain about having other .htaccess files.
You mentions you have to add RewriteEngine inherit at the beginning of each one.
Is this for all the .htaccess files on the website

#6 24-11-2009 07:18:24

Jidébé
Administrateur

Hi,

CrawlProtect will work what ever type of page you have (html or php or ...).
If you have already an htaccess file at the root of your site (like you to run CrawlTrack with html page), you have to copy the content of the CrawlProtect htaccess file at the beginning of your existing file.
The need to add RewriteEngine inherit  is only if you have other htaccess file in some folder of your site.

Jean-Denis

#7 25-11-2009 08:18:03

jschembri
Membre

Thank you for your response

If I understand correctly then, I copy your .htacces file contents and put them at the top of the .htaccess file I use for the html to php parsing.

I only made my index.shtml page parse like php.  All other shtml pages remain as shtml.
I do not like to change all pages as sometimes they behave funny so I only change selected pages.
According to what you say then, crawlprotect will work with pages that are still shtml

I do have other .htaccess on my website.  Some of these are use to password protect directories.
I should then find all these .htacess files and put in  " RewriteOptions inherit"
Can I put this anywhere in the .htaccess file

thanks

#8 27-11-2009 00:39:22

jschembri
Membre

I installed crawlprotect as you advised and it appears to be working as you say

I used the test URL http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?site=http://www.test.com and put in my website for yoursite.com

I was blocked and saw web page that said "This site is protected by CrawlProtect !!!"

I then used URL http://www.yoursite.com/crawlprotect/ with my website name and saw empty box

The hackers were coming from:

------------------------------------------
x Origin

------------------------------------------

Is it empty because it was only a test or is something wrong

Please advise

Thanks

Board footer