protection
French 
CrawlTrack, webmaster dashboard.
Web analytic, SEO and protection

CrawlProtect, your website safety.
Reinforced protection

Two php/MySQL scripts, free and easy to install
The tools you need to manage and keep control of your site.

diable

CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 10-06-2010 20:08:28

funny2
Membre

Show details of visitors respectively

Hi

I want to suggest to be able to view visitor's time of visit, browser, origin and referrer respectively (with emphasis on "respectively"). In other words, to be able to see which browsers correspond to which time, which country, and to which referrer.

Maybe there is already a way for me to view this that I don't know about, or maybe there is a privacy issue with doing this, so I'm not sure if my suggestion is valuable.

#2 10-06-2010 21:19:07

Jidébé
Administrateur

Re: Show details of visitors respectively

Hi,

Actually that option is not available, and I don't thing that I will go in that direction for different reasons:
-privacy, in that case it's not any more statistics but individual tracking
-complexity
-why did you need to know that?

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

#3 15-07-2010 15:03:39

MindlessGenius
Membre

Just for curiosity Jean Denis,

Why create a system that blocks and document attacks from hackers if you do not want to provide as much details  of the attackers as possible?  I think that crawlprotect is not a statistical product as it offers to proactively block some types of requests made to a site via the .htaccess file.  This changes it from statistical to functional protection.

Also some circumstances may require a more granular understanding of such functionality.  This product is no longer simply a product within the French law as it is used across the globe...  I for one am located in Canada and do not have the "Visitor's IP Privacy Restrictions" you seem to imply about  in French Law in other posts...

Besides when attackers visit my sites, I want to know everything about them and then some!  I think the site owners rights have prevalence over the privacy concerns of those basement operators hacking us.

I would very much like a more detailed help file documenting the functionality of crawlprotect and of the .htaccess and the possible changes or adaptation that it can make to it, and why instead of just pushing the .htaccess to users without any explanations...

I think most webmasters would be happy to have an integrated refresher on what can actually be done with .htaccess

Guy Deschênes
http://www.hermes-computers.ca

Last edited by MindlessGenius (15-07-2010 15:54:49)

Guy Deschênes
http://www.hermes-computers.ca

#4 26-07-2010 22:16:20

Jidébé
Administrateur

Hi,

The question was regarding visitors.
For hacking attempts, both CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect are giving full informations (including IP).

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

Board footer