protection
French 
CrawlTrack, webmaster dashboard.
Web analytic, SEO and protection

CrawlProtect, your website safety.
Reinforced protection

Two php/MySQL scripts, free and easy to install
The tools you need to manage and keep control of your site.

diable

CrawlTrack and CrawlProtect support forum

You are not logged in.

#1 03-03-2010 10:14:45

sirgoodman
Nouveau membre

CrawlTrack & CrawProtect With Social Engine

Thank you for the very good script. I would like to share my experience of crawlprotect and crawltrack with you  all.

I use Social Engine script (a Social Network Script)

my server is on windows-> apache->php5->Mysql->phpmyadmin.

IN My root folder I have Social Engine 3.20

In my subfolders i have Wordpress->Oscommerce_Simple Machine Forum  -> Crawl Protect -> Crawl Track (All latest Versions)

Experience Regarding Craw protect:-

I installed CrawlProtect everything installed fine and  I downloaded the htaccess file from here and put the content in my htaccess file at the top.  everything worked fine. But so far what i noticed is

Report this person function & Report this content Inappropriate  function gave me Hacker warning. Then what i did is started Disabling line by line code from the htaccess and finally got everything back to normal  and working good. ( the above 2 functions are Javabase popup on the  screen)

What i finally disabled from htaccess is below

#------*****In Social Engine 3.20 this is preventing of report this person link so i disabled it******-----------------------
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)(%3D|=|%3A|%09)https(%3A|:)(/|%2F){2}(.*)$ [NC,OR] 
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)(%3D|=|%3A|%09)https%3a(%3A|:)(/|%2F){2}(.*)$ [NC,OR]
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)(%3D|=|%3A|%09)http(%3A|:)(/|%2F){2}(.*)$ [NC]
#RewriteRule (.*) /crawlprotect/noaccess/noaccess1.php   [L]
#-------------------------------------End-------------------------------------------

#------*****In Social Engine 3.20 this is preventing of report this photo from a Album link so i disabled it******----
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)//(.*)$ [OR]
#-----------------------------------------End----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i am not good with scripts please advise if i did right or wrong....if it is wrong pls kindly give me a fix,
I did not enable the line for wordpress as wordpress is in the subfolder...should i enable it?
If you need a copy of my htaccess i can PM you or email you. (only to Jean Denis please)

--------------------------------------------------Next Crawl Track-------------------------------------------------------

Installed everything went smooth without any problems.

Script "Social Engine" In my Root Folder

I put the code in the Header .php  and it gave me Hacker warning when i clicked "Block This person" & Add this person as a friend.

So Moved the code to Footer.php the site went coo koo

So finally moved the code to INDEX.php
everything works very good.

Script "Wordpress"
I did not put the code yet

Script "SMF"
I put the code in INDEX.php

Script "OScommerce"
I put the code in application_top.php

So far everything seem working perfectly fine....

your advise on Wordpress and other tweaks if needed will be highly appreciated.

My server log has reduced errors big time....from 10% to 1%....with that i conclude your script is doing a great job.

Question:  how do i see the IP of the visitors...your script shows the country.

Thank you "Jean Denis" for the excellent scripts.

#2 03-03-2010 22:12:58

Jidébé
Administrateur

Re: CrawlTrack & CrawProtect With Social Engine

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

For CrawlProtect, with Social engine disable just the following line is not enough ?

#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*)(%3D|=|%3A|%09)http(%3A|:)(/|%2F){2}(.*)$ [NC]

The next release will take that issue with Social engine in account.

For CrawlTrack tag, you will find information on that page: http://www.crawltrack.net/doccms.php

The visitor IP are store in the crawlt_visits_human table.

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

#3 10-03-2010 12:41:47

sirgoodman
Nouveau membre

Thx for the reply...just thought will let u know the problem i face....

I installed the latest crawlprotect 1.5 on a test new Social Engine site without crawltrack..the installation went fine and the htaccessfile placed automatically in the root.

But on the live site..i have crawlprotect 1.4 and crawltrack working good.

I deleted the old crawlprotect 1.4 and installed the new crawlprotect 1.5 i hit error 500 ...i tryed to remove the old htaccess from the root and tryed installing agin ...i still got error 500.

So what i did is i put back the old crawlprotect 1.4 from backup and just added the htaccess code from the test site to my exisiting htaccess file & edited the folder location in the code and tested..it works good...

I dont know why crawlprotect 1.5 is giving error 500 on my live site...when it is installing good on the test site.

Thx

Last edited by sirgoodman (10-03-2010 12:54:05)

#4 11-03-2010 21:10:47

Jidébé
Administrateur

Hi,

Thanks for the feed back.

Regarding the error 500, I don't see yet what can cause it.

Jean-Denis

CrawlTrack & CrawlProtect developer

Board footer